Friday, January 29, 2010

And The Mukmuk Goes To...!

After much deliberation picking the name out of a hat, my next door neighbor, Beth, has made her choice as to the winner of this much coveted almost-mascot to the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Drumroll please...

And the winner is -- Katy from the blog What a Great Place to be a Cow...! Katy has a fabulous blog, by the way, and is a wonderful writer. I love to find new blogs, and in particular blogs that are well-written and entertaining. Katy's blog is all of those things and more.

I had not intended this silly little contest to be a promotion of other blogs, but it so happens by chance that I have discovered quite a few blogs lately that are fabulous, and for some strange they don't get as much traffic as some other blogs -- they have not yet been discoved by the world. Often the blogs that are -- in my humble opinion -- absolutely fabulous, have a quieter activity than some of the others. Again, this is just my opinion, and it is all subjective, isn't it? There is no rhyme nor reason... Occasionally I would like to direct folks to those blogs. Now, I'm not assuming I am qualified to judge, because -- really -- are any of us qualified to judge whose posts or blogs are "good, gooder, goodest"? *heh* So it would be my opinion only, and you folks can judge for yourselves.

I have always been rather partial to Peppermint Patty in the Peanuts cartoons, so I have chosen her to pick the blogs I like. My her choices will not be on a regular basis such as weekly, monthly, or whatever, but as I she happens to find them. Often I find a new blog by someone posting a comment here, and then I click back to visit them, et voila! Yesterday I found another fabulous blog called "Everyday People". My goodness, Susan can write! Where have these folks been hiding? So if you happen to be looking for a new blogging experience, please check out Katy and Susan's blogs. Peppermint Patty and I have so many more wonderful blogs to suggest, but at the moment we will leave that for another day.

And congratulations to Katy for winning the much sought-after almost-mascot, Mukmuk.

Cheers,

12 comments:

Hilary said...

Very cool! Congrats to Katy. :) This was fun, Jo.

Carol said...

JO-Thanks for the new blog links...I really liked Susan's blog and have decided to follow her...loved the donkey story!

Susan said...

You are very kind and immensely generous, Jo, and I've been enjoying your musings for months now.

Congrats to Katy - anything with cows in it wins my vote.

Belizegial said...

Jo, thanks for the two links. Finding a good blog is like curling up with a great new book.

Hope your days continue to go well.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Great finds both of them Jo. I have visited Katy already and I congratulate her on the award.
I look forward to visiting Susan.
I agree with you entirely that it is difficult to understand why talented bloggers seem to have less traffic somehow. Therfore I think your idea to bring such blogs to our attention is superb.
It does seem to take a long time to 'get going' in blogland and it is a shot in the arm when we start receiving comments for a job well done. With admiration ~ Eddie

houndstooth said...

Aw, darn it! I haven't been able to visit in a couple of days and now I missed the muk muk!

I love finding new blogs to check out, too! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

AWW congratulations Katy - I wish I'd known about this comp so I could've entered it - TOO CUTE!



x
Aimee

The Bug said...

Now Jo, if you keep pointing out new blogs for me to read I'm never going to get anything else done!

Zanthie said...

Congrats from warm and sunny Australia Katy!!! Enjoy the cuddlie munchkin!!! May he keep you warm on those cold wintery nights :P

Katy said...

I leave the bloging world for a weekend, sleep in on Monday, get to the bus stop with out my bus pass and finally arrive at the office 40 minutes late only to find you have highlighted my blog and picked me to win something. I never win stuff. Thank you Jo!

And thanks to everyone for kind words!

Paula Slade said...

Congratulations to Katy!!! Mukmuk is a delightful little prize! :) Thanks Jo for the links, I'll be sure to check them out!

Nishant said...

I've been enjoying your musings for months now.


Work from home India