1. Boardwalk Empire with the absolutely fabulous Steve Buscemi. This is actually its second year, but I just discovered it.
2. Harry's Law with Kathy Bates. Yes, that Kathy Bates. On television. I would pay to watch that show.
3. Revenge with the wonderfully wicked Madeleine Stowe. She's scheming, she conniving, she's fabulous.
4. Body of Proof with Dana Delaney. It's sort of CSI with high heels and great clothes ~~ and wonderful acting.
5. Unforgettable with Poppy Montgomery. This is based on the story of a woman who has total recall, and one of the advisors on the program is Marilu Henner, who has total recall.
6. Terra Nova with Jason O'Mara, an extremely talented, Shakespearean-trained British actor. The executive producter of Terra Nova is Steven Spielberg, and it is top-notch quality.
7. Pam Am with Christina Ricci ~ yes, that Christina Ricci. The show is about a group of Pan Am stewardesses ~ yes, stewardesses ~ in the early 1960s. It's so well-done, you can hear Sinatra singing, "Come fly with me..." in the background. We get to go to London, Paris, Rome, New York, Berlin ... Fasten your seat belts.
When I come home in the evening and plop myself into my big cozy chair, I don't want to turn on the television and watch some poor, unfortunate person in some cat and rat-infested home being evicted because he or she can't get rid of all the hoarded junk. And I don't want to watch all the Z list ex-celebrities (Lindsay Lohan's father...?) throwing hissy fits on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab. And I certainly don't want to watch anyone else's children. I want escape. I want to be entertained. I want to be transported to 1920s Atlantic City, or 1960s Rome, or even 85 million years BC.
Come Fly With Me...