Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Would Gambie Do...?


There was a poem that Gambie always used to recite whenever she was feeling troubled:

Never trouble trouble
Until trouble troubles you;
For you only make your trouble
Double-trouble when you do;
And your trouble, like a bubble
That you're troubling about
May be nothing but a cipher
With its rim rubbed out.

~ David Keppel (1849 - 1939)

There are no troubles too big that can't be solved.  Gambie would not want anyone to be troubled.  She also used to say, "This too shall pass".  And it will.  Have faith.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I always tell my sister this same thing only when I heard this it went Never worry trouble until trouble worries you, but I like Gambie's version much better....and so true!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

so true!

lovelyprism said...

Oh how I've missed you! I'm catching up on all my reading and planning to be here a lot more often!

Cheers, Jo!

the walking man said...

"It" which is usually a very personal infinitive, but yes they always pass.

KrippledWarrior said...

worry and trouble seem intermeshed. Release one and the other disappears also