Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring In The City...


This is the Japanese plum tree just outside my window. Isn't it lovely? It has spurred me on to do some spring cleaning. The squeaky gate birds and the furniture birds are back, and so are the raccoons, raiding the crows' nests for eggs every morning. What a cacophony. The other day I watched a hawk feasting on a seagull. He sat perched in a Douglas fir tree for several hours, devouring his unfortunate victim until there was nothing left but feathers draping down the branches like some strange, exotic blossoms. It's hard to believe I live in the heart of the city.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz;
I wonder where my vacuum is...

10 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Wow...such a wonderland. I want to visit Vancouver.

Steve Bailey said...

I have a similar tree outside my window in downtown Portland.... though it hasnt bloomed like that quite yet.

Leslie: said...

I'm always wondering where to visit next. I suggested Queen Elizabeth Park today but it'll probably be crowded - so it's spring cleaning here, too!

Unknown said...

Wow, pretty. We're a bit behind you in Minnesota. Trees are still budding.

Single and Sane said...

I'm jealous of your tree. It's beautiful!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Well, now that was appetizing. I think I'll skip dinner and also avoid my feather duster for a while.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Your picture looks like a gorgeous water color paining. (Hint, hint.)

Paula Slade said...

Beautiful!

Linda Myers said...

For some reason I thought you lived out in the country! I love the trees blossoming in the spring after a long, wet winter.

Alicia said...

So beautiful...but I've been suffering so much from allergies this year that just seeing this picture makes my eyes burn and itch...lol. Beautiful none the less.